Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Fear: risk and reward

 There are some elements of fear that are given to us as gifts from God to keep us safe. There are other elements however, caused by the devil to cause divisions. I reference a time when I wasn't sure if I should reach out to my friend on their birthday because we hadn't talked for so long, and I was worried it would be awkward at best. However, as Will Smith said, "God placed the best things in life on the other side of terror." 


It also kinda reminded me of how much a simple "thank you" can really mean. I mean, I don't know what I expected from my friend considering the circumstances, but it wasn't for them to say thank you. I guess it's a little reminder of how much power words actually have for us as humans. 


Anyway, that's my bit for the day. The reason I say I'm recovering is because I'm recovering from myself. I've had a lot happen to me in the last few years and so I'm just starting to try to break out of my shell again. So yeh.

No comments:

Post a Comment